X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermastat on 2007 stage 3 roush

Looking to change thermostat to a reische 170 degree thermostat on 2007 roush stage 3..
    I have roush m-90 with the octapus hosing set up with thermostat in it .
    They have 2007-2010 gt stat or 2005-2006 gt stat.Im not sure which stat to use because of that octapus set up was on 2005 and 2006 models.
    There kind of expensive so want to make sure i get the right one.
    Stage3 car plus VMP 500hp Kit,Shaft master D/S,Detroit rocker s/c cams, long tube headers with O/R hpipe ,4.11 gears,K/B boost a pump,billit oil catch can,& roush big brake package.

Why would you want to change the thermostat? The engine is designed to run at a certain temp. Carmen

Bad-ass would be an understatement.

Mods: Custom Billet Aluminum Pulley Set with 2.57" Supercharger Pulley, Steeda Cold Air Intake, Steeda Heat Exchanger, CDC Sequential Taillights, SCT Tuner, Katzkin Custom Leather Seats, Roush strut brace, Roush LCA's, FRPP Hot-rod cams, Custom tune: 488 rwhp 435 rwtq

Comment

Carmen is correct. The thermostat is 192 degrees I believe, and that is what computer is looking for in engine temp when warmed up and engine controls in closed loop. If you lower the temp of thermostat you may cause EEC to go in and out of closed loop to often. Used to see a lot of thermostats stick open and engines never get to operating temp. When that happens excessive oil consumption is a result and fuel mileage will suffer. If you are seeing engine temps higher than normal then something else needs to be addressed. The complete cooling system was designed to perform in all climates zones and is good enough as is for most owners use.

Comment

Working...
      X