Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a new 2013 Trak Pak in the works?(photos)

Here is a test mule of new parts on a 2013 RS3.
    Wheels, wing, and some suspension.
    They are testing these parts at Roush so the question is.
    Is the new Trak Pak Coming?
    (Photos are from Billy Johnson)

***** 2005 Roush Stage 2 (horsepower modified) *****
    2005 Driver X Roush, Driven by winner Erik Darnell, and now
    driven in memory of Lee Anne Darnell*****

Hmmmm .... looks like it ...

Comment

That is the mother of all wings!!!

Comment

I like it!!!
        sigpic

Comment

You could be hearing some news about the accomplishments of this car soon....though not about it being a new model of the Trak Pak.

It will be interesting to see what new products Roush Performance will be offering in their catalog, that come from this car as a test bed.
          Life is a risk....just how much of a risk is up to you!

07 Mustang Premium Coupe

Built and Powered by Ford...made awesome by Roush!

Comment

Please please please please...don't add that wing you can still generate rear downforce with a smaller setup.

Never argue with an idiot; they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience!

Comment

Although I thought the front of the new design looks pretty bad in white, it doesn't match the hideousness of the rear wing.

Comment

hmm the headlights are 2012's non HID version from the looks of it, which would seem odd as I thought those aren't going to be offered for 2013.

Sorry but that wing looks sooo Honda Civic, wonder if it adds 10 HP like it does on the Civic

Comment

Be careful hating on the wing!

Comment

Humm, been hearing alot about the BOSS R program as for a new power plant, in a possible Roush Trak Pak,
                    or catalog offerings.

Comment

He says in this video something about "track parts". So, who knows, maybe there will be a 2013 Trak Pack. Because... at this point, why would Roush be testing for the 2013? An RS3 would have about the same hardware as a 2012. Logically, this means something new is being cooked up. Unless, they're just testing for Grand Am, which I don't think is the case.

Okay, listened to it again more carefully, and he gave it away, very clearly, he said, "...a good opportunity to debut our 2013 Roush Stage 3 Mustang... as well as our... 2013 Roush... (awkward pause)... Track Development Car."

In my opinion, he was about to give it away, and then remembered no official announcement has been made yet, so he quickly changed gears and said, "track development car". But he was definitely about to say "2013 Roush Trak Pack"... note the pregnant pause!!!

2006 Premium GT (aka 'RS3') @ 8 psi VMP tune (for sale)

Comment

That is one Bad Ass car. Would love to see them bring the Trak Pak back.
                        sigpic

Comment

The Dev RTP car also has a new Brake set up which is not talked about.
                          The word is it's gonna be a new Brembo brakes package.
                          Dont know if the new "Carbon Fiber Rotors" will be something looked at.
                          Here is a photo of what the "Carbon Fiber Rotors" may end up looking like.

Comment

I don't think Roush would use an unknown component on a production car. These carbon fiber pieces are AMAZING but expensive as hell and still very new. I am personally stoked to see this new technology replacing steel, though! That's pretty exciting. When a cheap production car can be built with C-F without increasing the cost, then our civilization will have made a transition. Gas mileage will be a whole new factor, as will horsepower. Imagine a Mustang that weighs only 2,000 lbs. You just don't need 500-600 hp, in that case we're back down in the 200-300 hp range with little I-4's and small turbos. But I am getting ahead of myself... it's just a brake rotor. LOL

2006 Premium GT (aka 'RS3') @ 8 psi VMP tune (for sale)

Comment

Here's a look at and some answers on the car....from Tim Wheeler of Roush Performance and of course Jack Jr. and Billy Johnson

http://www.roushperformance.com/blog...-at-waj-event/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zxxaJxrWzOQ
                              Life is a risk....just how much of a risk is up to you!

07 Mustang Premium Coupe

Built and Powered by Ford...made awesome by Roush!

Comment

Working...
                              X