X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear End Popping

Has anyone else noticed when you stop your car and the momentum rocks it a little a popping sound from the rear? It almost sounds like it's coming from the rear springs/shock area.

I'm also hearing a rattle like two pieces of metal clanging with I got over bumps in the road. My wife swears its the tools in the tool kit.

Anyone else ever notice this?

www.mustangministries.net

You may have a loose brake caliper.
    The "CODDFATHER". (Insert music here)

Comment

Is there a way I can check this without taking it to the dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor J
        Is there a way I can check this without taking it to the dealer?
        Yah, check the brake caliper. Code918 had one fall off one time while driving!

Comment

Mine is in the shop today for the same clanking sound in the rear (like I'm carrying an extra tool chest in the trunk).
          I will follow up soon with a posting.

Comment

Just heard from the service dept.
            The clanking was coming from the rear sway bar.
            It's strange that when they did the servive for the recall on suspension (struts?) that I had to go back 2 days later to fix the front sway bar that came loose (because they bolted it on wrong) and now the back has come loose!
            Question - Did the Roush suspension recall have anything to do with the rear?

BTW - backing my car off of their rack, they ripped off part of the fuel line plastic housing cover. They have to order a new part.

Comment

Originally posted by showguns
              Just heard from the service dept.
              It's strange that when they did the servive for the recall on suspension (struts?) that I had to go back 2 days later to fix the front sway bar that came loose (because they bolted it on wrong) and now the back has come loose!

BTW - backing my car off of their rack, they ripped off part of the fuel line plastic housing cover. They have to order a new part.
              What was the fix they did on the rear bar to stop the clanging?
              -Steve
              2009 Mini Cooper S - Carving Corners with Turbo Goodness
              2006 Tungsten Stage 2 Automatic - 415 rwhp/ all sorts of mods. - Gone but not forgotten!

Comment

Even though I asked the service rep twice, the only response I got was that it was the sway bar bushings. I guess I could've found the mechanic and asked him, but the noise is definately gone now.

Comment

[QUOTE=showguns]Just heard from the service dept.

Yes, on my 06 roush also send along with the struts, new rear shocks.

Comment

Mine goes to the dealer tomorrow for inspection on this issue. Let's hope they don't drive it off the ramp and damage it like showguns.

Did they get that fixed Showguns?

Comment

I just got back from the dealership today. They put the car on the rack and got underneath. What they fond was that the bracket that held the rear end in place was looser than normal. They torgued it down with an air gun. Everything is working fine now.

Turns out that the sway bar was perfect as well as the brake calipers. Everything was coming from the loose bracket causing everything to shift when I drove it.

Comment

the loose bracket being the one that the upper control arm bolts too for the center section of the diff?
                        ??

Vortech T-Trim,V.T. forged motor,supercharger cams

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor J View Post
                          I just got back from the dealership today. They put the car on the rack and got underneath. What they fond was that the bracket that held the rear end in place was looser than normal. They torgued it down with an air gun. Everything is working fine now.

Turns out that the sway bar was perfect as well as the brake calipers. Everything was coming from the loose bracket causing everything to shift when I drove it.
                          I have the same problem. I finally get my car out of storage on Saturday and was going to take mine to a shop, but it sounds like a bracket is loose, then I jack mine up and take a look underneath. Did they know exactly what bracket it was or just the "one holding the rear end?"
                          Roush BlackJack
                          36 out of 100
                          1 of 17 Convertibles

Comment

Working...
                          X