X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercharging a Boss 302

Anyone know how much horse power u can get safetly out of the boss 302 if u supercharge it and not just the engine drivetrain etc

IIRC, upwards of 600 if not more. If you go to SVTPerformance look up Racerat. She put a KB on her's and got crazy numbers out of it!
    Ryan
    '08 427R TrakPak #68
    - JLT CAI, Tuned by Performance Autosport, Maximum Motorsport 4pt Rollbar w/5pt Harness
    '06 Ford F-250 FX4 PSD
    - Studded, GearHead Tuned, MBRP Turboback 4" Exhaust, Sinister Coolant Filter, Isspro Gauges, Edge Insight w/Pyro

Comment

There was an article in one of the magazines a month or two ago. Competition auto in NC put a Ford Racing TVS2300 on a Laguna Seca and took it to over 800rwhp.

Comment

Originally posted by VMIRoush05 View Post
        There was an article in one of the magazines a month or two ago. Competition auto in NC put a Ford Racing TVS2300 on a Laguna Seca and took it to over 800rwhp.
        800wheel. Must of been running 15lbs of boost minimum. Bottom end is forged so it will take it.

Comment

The stock coyote motor has been ran up to the 800 RWHP mark and survived. The Boss motor is forged so you would be able to support more! The fuel system is your limitation but if you upgrade that and to a full exhaust system you could probably make about 750 RWHP on a 2.9 Whipple or about 800 on a Procharger. Call us up sometime we have done a few cars in this power range already!

Jim D'Amore III
          JDM Engineering
          732-780-0770
          Team JDM is Today's Leader in ROUSH Performance Parts Upgrades and Custom Tuning!!

sigpic

Comment

I'm thinkin about SC my 2011 5.0. but haven't bc the internals according to an article i read won't surive forced induction. After talking with several people at different forums, however, i'm starting consider it again. These people are saying as long as you keep the boost low you won't have a problem. What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by Flcracker View Post
              I'm thinkin about SC my 2011 5.0. but haven't bc the internals according to an article i read won't surive forced induction. After talking with several people at different forums, however, i'm starting consider it again. These people are saying as long as you keep the boost low you won't have a problem. What do you guys think?

That's completely wrong, there's no problem at all with taking the Coyote up to 600 rwhp with stock internals. The 4.6L 3V, with a proper tune, is good for a safe 500 rwhp, no problem. So with the 5.0, easy!

2006 Premium GT (aka 'RS3') @ 8 psi VMP tune (for sale)

Comment

So far, I have taken my 2013 Boss up to 712rwhp. We are still trying to figure out why I am starting to lean out at about 6600rpm though. I'm running a JMS Powermax BAP at 21V, and the pump doesn't seem to be responding well. It only gives me about 400rpm more headroom.

Comment

There was a Boss that was for sale a year or so ago. A magazine did an article on it and it was somewhere in the 750 to 800ish rwhp. I think it was a Whipple or KB.

Here is an article that I found. http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...s/viewall.html

Comment

Check this out ! http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...ercharger_kit/

Comment

http://youtu.be/v-t_qA2iwDE

Boss 302 with a TVS.
                      2008 Bullitt #755

Comment

Working...
                      X