X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump Replacement 99 GT

My fuel pump is shot...Is it worth upgrading to a better system at this point. I plan on a supercharger and/or heads in the future. Currently I have CAI, typhoon intake, off road x pipe, borla stinger catback. If its worth upgrading what and where do I buy? Thanks

easiest upgrade for you would be the GT Supercar pump, a single will carry you to 500rwhp with a BAP, after that I would hunt down an 03/04 cobra tank and put one of the Fore hats to use

Comment

Agreed a 03/04 Cobra tank would be the best upgrade because you can then go with all the FRPP stuff for ease of purchase.

So, you kinda need to answer some basic questions so you only spend good money once.
      If you're seriously looking into the supercharger upgrade (which kind?) then you should build your fuel requirements off your goals.
      400rwhp-500rwhp-600rwhp?
      Basic blueprint would be to upgrade the fuel pump with a fuel delivery requirement in mind. stock to 60lb injectors

Tired of that old text SIG block? Want to show off that ride? I can upgrade ya!!!
      We don't want newbie's searching our forum and coming across incorrect data.

Comment

Yes and no... Yes cause its always good to upgrade when you have a chance too..... No cause if you upgrade a GT Stock fuel pump to a higher presure your fuel manament system will most likely not approve due to what to do with the extra presure until the S/C is installed.
        2003 Stage 2
        Serial # 8528
        Intercooled Roushcharger+2.8
        Roush Short Throw Shifter w/ Roush handle
        Roush Alcon Brake Kit
        Cobra R Hood
        Chromed Roush 18 in Rims
        372.15 RWHP
        375.22 RWTRQ

Comment

Working...
        X